(Adds analyst quote, details on bond, regulations) By Michael Kahn SACRAMENTO, Calif., Nov 17 (Reuters) - California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Monday rescinded a $4.3-billion increase in the state's highly unpopular vehicle license fees, fulfilling a campaign promise as his first official act. The Republican, who defeated former Democratic Gov. Gray Davis in an October recall election, added he would convene a special session aimed at dealing with California's yawning budget ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Calif. Gov. Schwarzenegger rescinds car tax hike" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.