(Adds comments from news conference, share and analyst reaction) By Marcel Michelson PARIS, April 25 (Reuters) - French car parts group Valeo posted a forecast-beating 21.6 percent rise in first quarter operating profit on Friday despite a weaker automotive market, helped by cost cuts and asset sales. The shares jumped nearly 5 percent and analysts at Landesbanki Kepler said the group looked strong going into 2008, helped by lower debts and by managing to pass on more raw material ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Car parts group Valeo Q1 profits up, keeps '08 goal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.