* Carmaker's stock defies weakness in the broad market * Tesla now has $2.22 billion market cap * CEO Elon Musk's stake worth more than $650 mln * Tesla first carmaker to have IPO since Ford's 1956 debut * Tesla not expecting profits until at least 2012 (Updates share prices, adds details on shareholders, comparison with other auto deals, other background) By Jonathan Spicer and Poornima Gupta NEW YORK/SAN FRANCISCO, June 29 (Reuters) - Electric carmaker Tesla Motors Corp's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Carmaker Tesla's stock zooms 40 pct on first day" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.