(Recasts first sentence, adds analyst comments, share movement, byline) By Susan Kelly CHICAGO, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Diesel engine maker Cummins Inc. on Tuesday reported disappointing quarterly earnings amid a stubborn slump in truck demand, sending its shares lower. Cummins, whose shares were down about 6 percent in their worst one-day drop in a year, said third-quarter net profit fell by 45 percent as sales dipped, and it forecast full-year earnings at the lower end of its previous ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Cummins profit falls on slower engine sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642