(Adds details on pricing, mileage, analyst quote and ) By Kevin Krolicki and Poornima Gupta DETROIT, June 28 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler AG said on Wednesday it will launch its two-seater Smart minicar in the United States in early 2008, as fuel prices shift consumers' attention to more economical vehicles. The world's fifth-biggest carmaker said it had selected UnitedAuto Group as its exclusive distributor for the quirky car, which is already established in European markets. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Daimler to launch Smart car in US in 2008" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642