(Adds Cerberus statement, analyst comment, byline) By Poornima Gupta DETROIT, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Daimler AG is in talks with private equity group Cerberus Capital Management to sell its remaining 19.9 percent stake in struggling U.S. automaker Chrysler LLC. Cerberus, which bought 80.1 percent of Chrysler in May 2007 in a $7.4 billion deal just before a sharp slowdown in overall U.S. auto sales, said on Wednesday it had approached Daimler for a possible sale. It is unclear at this ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Daimler may sell remaining Chrysler stake" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.