(Adds analyst comment) By Hendrik Sackmann STUTTGART, Germany, July 25 (Reuters) - Daimler AG , the world's biggest maker of commercial vehicles, is in talks to buy a 42 percent stake in truckmaker Kamaz as a way to boost sales in the fast-growing Russian market. Russia is now Europe's largest truck market and Kamaz is the top player, building nearly three quarters of the country's dump trucks and about half of its other large cargo vehicles. "Along with the option of building a new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Daimler in talks to buy stake in Kamaz" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.