(Adds new quote on delay, updates shares) By Alexander Huebner STUTTGART, Aug 22 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler AG said on Friday it was talking to five investors about the sale of its aero-engine business MTU as government opposition to a foreign takeover threatened to delay a deal. Sources close to the talks said the sale process has already slowed and that bidders were worried about the increasingly hostile political environment. "The whole thing has stalled a little while they ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-DaimlerChrysler aero engine unit sale stutters" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.