(Recasts to add Kerkorian lawyer comment, paragraphs 13-15, updates share price) By Mark Thompson and Tom Brown FRANKFURT/DETROIT, Aug 22 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler AG said on Friday it would pay $300 million to disgruntled former Chrysler investors to settle a lawsuit linked to the 1998 merger that formed the company. But DaimlerChrysler vowed to continue fighting the lawsuit by billionaire investor Kirk Kerkorian that prompted the other U.S. investors to sue. DaimlerChrysler said ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-DaimlerChrysler settles merger suit for $300 mln" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.