(Adds comments from news conference on Avis) By Quentin Webb BRUSSELS, Feb 24 (Reuters) - Belgian car retailer D'Ieteren beat expectations with a 15 percent rise in 2004 net profit, thanks to strong growth in its core car distribution, and said it had no plans to ditch car hire firm Avis. D'Ieteren, Belgium's biggest car distributor, said on Thursday 2005's profits would be "roughly stable", although customer loyalty schemes and demand for new and recent Volkswagen models should lift ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-D'Ieteren's profit jumps 15 pct, no Avis sale seen" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.