(Adds general outlook, analyst quote, stock activity) By David Brinkerhoff NEW YORK, Oct 27 (Reuters) - Dow Chemical Co.'s quarterly profit jumped 30 percent as strong sales of car plastics and construction materials offset record energy costs, the No. 1 U.S. chemical maker said on Thursday. Dow, whose chemicals are used in everything from antifreeze to plastic pipes, said net income increased to $801 million, or 82 cents a share, from $617 million, or 65 cents, a year earlier. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Dow Chemical 3rd-qtr profit jumps on plastics" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.