(Adds quotes from de Palacio, German Transport Minister, German can recycling system, Austrian truck ban) By Lisa Jucca BRUSSELS, July 23 (Reuters) - The European Commission began investigating on Wednesday Germany's plan to offer the country's truckers 600 million euros ($684.3 million) in government subsidies to compensate for a new road toll system. The probe was launched as the Commission unveiled an EU-wide proposal to use road tolls on trucks in environmentally sensitive areas to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-EU probes German toll compensation for truckers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.