(Adds comments from conference call) By Sophie Hardach MILAN, Oct 26 (Reuters) - Italy's Fiat surprised the market with a much narrower third-quarter loss for its core car unit, despite flat sales, but executives stopped short on Wednesday of revising fourth-quarter forecasts. Fiat Auto, which is pulling back from its worst-ever crisis, made a trading loss of 85 million euros ($102.6 million), improving on last year's 282 million euro loss as it continued to slash costs. Analysts had ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Fiat beats Q3 trading forecasts, cautious on 2005" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.