(Adds analyst comment, restructuring plans, updates stock price, cash position) By Poornima Gupta DETROIT, Jan 23 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. on Monday posted a surprising 19 percent increase in fourth-quarter earnings on strength at its finance arm and as losses shrank at its auto division, sparking a 6 percent gain in its stock. Separately, the automaker, which has struggled with market share losses and a junk bond rating on its debt, announced a widely anticipated restructuring plan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Ford 4th-qtr profit up 19 pct, shares gain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.