(Adds additional CEO, Ford executive comments, details, background, stock price, byline) By Poornima Gupta DEARBORN, Mich., Sept 21 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. , the No. 2 U.S. automaker, will boost global production of gasoline-electric hybrid vehicles tenfold by 2010, Chief Executive Bill Ford said on Wednesday. By then, more than half of the company's Ford, Lincoln and Mercury cars and light trucks will have hybrid capability, Bill Ford said during a meeting at a research lab here ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Ford to boost production of hybrids tenfold" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.