(Adds JP Morgan analyst comment, updates stock price) By Poornima Gupta DETROIT, April 26 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. posted better-than-expected results on Thursday, helped by cost-cutting and improved results from its European and luxury vehicle operations, sending shares up 5 percent in early trading. Ford, which is in the midst of closing 16 plants and cutting up to 45,000 jobs in North America, posted a net loss of $282 million, or 15 cents per share, compared with a loss of $1.4 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Ford results beat estimates, shares rise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642