(Adds govt paragraph 7, car association para 8, economist paras 13-14) By Katie Allen BERLIN, Jan 29 (Reuters) - Germany's largest industrial union, IG Metall, staged short walkouts across Germany on Thursday and called for larger stoppages in coming days to raise pressure on employers in a row over pay and working hours. IG Metall asked 51,000 engineering workers in the state of Baden-Wuerttemberg, which traditionally leads pay negotiations for the rest of Germany, to walk out for up ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-German industrial union calls larger work stoppages" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.