* Top-level meeting in Berlin to find Opel solution * Bidder field could narrow, bridge financing key * All bidders under pressure to improve offers (Recasts lead, adds background) By Gernot Heller and Madeline Chambers BERLIN, May 27 (Reuters) - Germany scrambled on Wednesday to put a plan in place to protect carmaker Opel from a looming bankruptcy filing by its U.S. parent General Motors . Members of German Chancellor Angela Merkel's government were meeting with Opel suitors in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Germany scrambles to shield Opel from GM bankruptcy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.