* GM's John Smith in meeting with task force in Berlin * Talks to reveal why GM has not picked Opel buyer -source * Germany's Steinmeier expects GM to stick with sale plan (Recasts lead to show that the meeting has begun) By Gernot Heller and Maria Sheahan BERLIN/FRANKFURT, Aug 25 (Reuters) - German government officials met with General Motors' [GM.UL] top negotiator on Tuesday, hoping to get answers on why the U.S. carmaker has so far failed to choose a buyer for its European unit, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-GM negotiator meets with Opel task force in Berlin" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.