(Adds analyst comment, background, byline, updates stock price) By Jui Chakravorty DETROIT, June 28 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. said on Thursday it will sell its Allison Transmission unit for $5.6 billion to private equity firms Carlyle Group and Onex Corp. , sending the automaker's shares to their highest level in 2-1/2 years. GM shares rose as much as 3.3 percent, hitting their highest level since January 2005, as analysts speculated the automaker could use the proceeds from the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-GM selling Allison for $5.6 bln; shares jump" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642