* GM says could not complete deal to sell Hummer to China * Tengzhong says Beijing rejected its bid to buy Hummer * Closure puts about 3,000 jobs at stake (Recasts first sentence, adds details on Hummer, GM comments, reasons for Beijing rejecting the deal) By Soyoung Kim and David Bailey DETROIT, Feb 24 (Reuters) - General Motors Co [GM.UL] will wind down its iconic but tarnished Hummer brand after Chinese regulators rejected a $150 million bid by an obscure Chinese machinery maker ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-GM to shut down Hummer after China deal fizzles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.