(Adds details throughout) By Jonathan Stempel NEW YORK, July 30 (Reuters) - GMAC, the finance company once controlled by General Motors Corp. , posted a 63 percent decline in second-quarter profit on Monday, hurt by subprime mortgage losses at its home lending unit. Results, however, improved from the first quarter's after the company reduced lending risk. GMAC bond prices rose, as did shares of GM, which retains a 49 percent stake in GMAC. Earnings at GMAC fell to $293 million from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-GMAC profit falls 63 pct as home loans weigh" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642