(Adds Obama comments, paragraphs 5-7) By John Crawley WASHINGTON, Feb 24 (Reuters) - An Obama administration task force is carefully analyzing restructuring plans of General Motors Corp and Chrysler LLC [CBS.UL], but bankruptcy is not the panel's goal for them, a U.S. senator said on Tuesday. Democrat Carl Levin of Michigan, home state of the major U.S. automakers, met with task force members Steven Rattner and Ron Bloom on the turnaround plans submitted by GM and Chrysler, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Goal of US auto task force not bankruptcy-senator" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.