(Updates share price) NEW YORK, Sept 23 (Reuters) - Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. on Friday set plans to cut costs by up to $1 billion over the next three years, close plants and sell certain assets in a bid to counter high commodity prices and pension costs. Shares of Goodyear, the largest U.S. tire maker, rose 6 percent in morning trading on the New York Stock Exchange. The company said it would cut costs by $750 million to $1 billion over the next three years, taking cash charges ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Goodyear to cut costs up to $1 bln, close plants" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.