(Adds to analyst's remarks, updates stock activity) By David Bailey CHICAGO, June 21 (Reuters) - Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. on Wednesday said it will cut one-third of its North American private label tire business, trimming production in the key region by 8 percent to focus on more profitable lines. Goodyear, whose shares rose 4 percent, also said that 2006 operating income in its key North American Tire unit will fall below 2005 levels because of weak tire demand industrywide and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Goodyear cutting back on private label tires" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.