(Recasts throughout, adds closing share price) CHICAGO, June 23 (Reuters) - Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. , one of the world's largest tire makers, said on Monday that operating income at its North American unit declined in May due to higher costs and weak prices. Akron, Ohio-based Goodyear, whose stock ended down 6.8 percent on the news, needs to turn around its North American tire business to regain its financial footing. To save money, the company recently refinanced its bank ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Goodyear says N.A. unit's oper income fell in May" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.