(Adds details from news conference, comment, updates shares) By Rebecca Harrison PARIS, Feb 24 (Reuters) - Europe's biggest tyremaker Michelin unveiled a slide in 2003 profits on Tuesday due to ballooning rubber costs, a strong euro and a one-off takeover charge, and predicted a rocky road ahead. Net income fell to 318 million euros ($399.2 million) from 581 million due to a hefty goodwill charge linked to its purchase of tyre retailer Viborg, while operating profit fell 6.7 percent to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-High rubber prices puncture Michelin profits" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.