* Q2 op profit 163.5 bln yen vs consensus 167 bln yen * Lifts FY op profit forecast to Y500 bln from Y450 bln * Cost cuts absorb forex losses * Mazda cuts annual operating profit forecast * Honda shares end down 0.3 pct before results (Adds Mazda CEO, Honda executive, senior economist comments) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia autos correspondent TOKYO, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co's rosier forecasts and a doubling in quarterly profit showed deep cost cuts could go a long way in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Honda lifts forecasts as Q2 profits soar despite yen" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.