(Adds company, analyst and fund manager comments, details) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent TOKYO, July 27 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co. posted a better-than-expected 6.5 percent rise in quarterly operating profit on Wednesday, helped by solid Japanese and U.S. sales, and lifted its full-year forecast to account for a stronger dollar. After a year of muted growth in its most important U.S. market, Japan's third-biggest auto maker -- also the world's top motorbike manufacturer -- ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Honda Q1 op profit up on strong sales, ups forecast" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.