(Adds fund manager, company comments, details) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent TOKYO, July 28 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co. posted a surprise rise in first-quarter operating profit on Wednesday as it weathered a drop in North American sales, and it raised full-year forecasts thanks to a stronger-than-expected dollar. Robust sales in Europe and Asia, plus a strong performance by its all-terrain vehicles in the U.S. market and motorcycles in Asia, helped Japan's third-largest ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Honda surprises with higher Q1, raises forecasts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.