(Adds company statement, Kia results and share update) By Kim Kyoung-wha SEOUL, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Hyundai Motor Co. , South Korea's top carmaker, increased third-quarter profits by 49 percent from last year's strike-hit levels, though soft local sales saw profits dip from the second quarter. But affiliate Kia Motors Corp.'s profit dipped 2 percent as foreign exchange losses and marketing costs ate away at the bottom line, despite sales rising by a third. Hyundai, a rising star on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Hyundai Motor Q3 profit jumps, outlook good" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642