(Adds US, China sales, fund manager quotes, share close) By Kim Kyoung-wha SEOUL, July 29 (Reuters) - Hyundai Motor Co. , South Korea's top auto maker, reported an 11 percent drop in second-quarter profits on Thursday, hit by slow domestic sales and higher steel prices, but the fall was less than expected. While domestic sales, hit by consumer debt and high oil prices, look set for a modest recovery, Hyundai's outlook is clouded by ballooning labour costs and slowing growth in China. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Hyundai Q2 net shrinks, car sales dip at home" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.