* Q4 net profit 1.4 trln won vs 1.35 trln fcast * New models, overseas contributions buoy earnings * Capacity restraint, competition seen as challenges in 2011 * Targets 8 pct rise in 2011 vehicle sales to 3.9 mln cars * Hyundai shares end down 0.8 pct vs 0.2 pct rise in KOSPI (Adds quotes, details of results) By Hyunjoo Jin SEOUL, Jan 27 (Reuters) - Hyundai Motor's record quarterly profit and upbeat forecasts show the automaker may succeed in fending off rising competition by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Hyundai's record profit shows it has an edge on competition" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.