(Adds analyst comment) By Mette Fraende SYDNEY, Aug 1 (Reuters) - Suncorp Ltd , Australia's No. 2 car and home insurer, warned profits will halve this year due to turbulence in global markets, sending its shares down as much as 18 percent to a five-year low. The bank is the latest in Australia to feel the effects of volatile global equity and credit markets, which many analysts fear will further undermine slowing economic growth. "It's another company indicating that they're having a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Insurer Suncorp sees sharp profit drop, shares tumble" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.