(Recasts, updates shares) By Cheon Jong-woo SEOUL, April 28 (Reuters) - Kia Motors Corp. , caught up in a cash-for-favours scandal at Hyundai Motor Co. , more than doubled its quarterly operating profit on improved sales, but fell short of forecasts as a strong won dented overseas earnings. Kia, led by the son of Hyundai Motor Chairman Chung Mong-koo, the central figure in the scandal that threatens to derail ambitious overseas expansion plans of the two car makers, is rolling out a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Kia Q1 op profit jumps, but checked by firm won" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.