* Two firms to add 500,000 tonnes/year autosheet capacity * Deal may be finalised shortly - Kobe * Kobe may shoulder bulk of cost - source * Competition for clean-car tech helps - fund manager (Adds Nippon, ArcelorMittal's U.S. capacity) By Yuko Inoue TOKYO, Dec 1 (Reuters) - Japan's Kobe Steel Ltd is in the final stage of talks with U.S. Steel Corp to add a $480 million auto sheet steel line at their joint venture in Ohio, eyeing growing demand for lightweight steel used in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Kobe, US Steel plan $480 mln US steel plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.