(Recasts to include airline provisions, McKeon comment) By Susan Cornwell WASHINGTON, July 25 (Reuters) - U.S. lawmakers said they were nailing down final details of legislation to overhaul the corporate pension system, but differences over airline aid and other issues kept them from clinching a deal on Tuesday. "We're close but we haven't got the language on a number of different provisions," said Sen. Edward Kennedy, a Massachusetts Democrat, after a closed-door negotiating session ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Lawmakers try to nail down pension deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.