(Updates shares) By Liau Y-Sing KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 20 (Reuters) - Japan's Mitsubishi is in talks to sell its stake in Malaysian state-controlled auto maker Proton back to the government as Proton steps up its search for a new foreign partner to help it battle falling sales. A sale would mark an end to Mitsubishi's 19-year partnership with Proton, the national car firm that makes a ubiquitous car modelled on Mitsubishi designs. A source close to Malaysia's state investment arm Khazanah ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Malaysia to buy back Proton stake from Mitsubishi" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.