(Adds company comments, closing share price) By Rina Chandran MUMBAI, April 26 (Reuters) - India's top car maker, Maruti Udyog Ltd. , posted a better-than-expected 39 percent rise in quarterly net profit as the nation's middle-class bought more cars, boosting its shares almost 7 percent to a near record. Cheap loans and new launches have helped auto makers post robust sales as Asia's third-biggest economy has grown at about 8 percent annually for three years. But a cyclical downturn, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Maruti Q4 net beats f'cast; plans new export model" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642