(Recasts with conference call, adds market reaction) By Michael Shields, European Auto Correspondent FRANKFURT, Oct 28 (Reuters) - An earnings stumble at DaimlerChrysler's Mercedes flagship tarnished higher profits at the world's fifth-biggest automaker on Thursday and stoked questions about the loss-making Smart compact's future. Third-quarter operating profit at the German-American group rose 7 percent to 1.3 billion euros ($1.65 billion), just below analysts' expectations, thanks to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Mercedes tarnishes DaimlerChrysler's profit gain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.