(Adds union comment and detail on break clause) LONDON, Feb 22 (Reuters) - Chinese carmaker Nanjing Automobile took a 33-year lease on the former MG Rover plant at Longbridge in central England on Wednesday and said it still hoped to revive production at the site. "This means we can move forward with our business plan to build cars at Longbridge. The MG brand is famous and we are proud to project it into an exciting future," Nanjing UK Chairman Wang Hongbiao said in a statement. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Nanjing takes lease on MG Rover UK car site" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.