* Cuts 2008/09 profit forecast 36 pct to 360 bln yen * Sees January-March loss of 50.43 bln yen * Shares close flat after results; Nikkei up 1.8 pct (Adds US Steel, other mills' earnings, comments) By Yuko Inoue TOKYO, Jan 29 (Reuters) - Nippon Steel Corp , the world's No.2 steelmaker, cut its profit outlook for this year by a surprise 36 percent and said it would tumble to a loss in the current quarter as a slump in car sales hits its key autosheet business, while demand has slowed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Nippon Steel slashes outlook, sees Q4 loss" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.