(Adds details, background) By Nathan Layne and Nobuhiro Kubo YOKOHAMA, Japan, June 25 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co Chief Executive Carlos Ghosn said industry wide sales in the United States could fall well below 15 million vehicles this year as high petrol prices and a sluggish economy sap demand, and warned of another push by steelmakers to hike prices. Ghosn also said Japan's No. 3 automaker would likely lift car prices in Japan, as it has already done in Europe, the United States and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Nissan CEO braces for worst in U.S., eyes steel" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.