(Adds statements from Nissan, MMC in paragraphs 6, 7) TOKYO, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Struggling Japanese auto maker Mitsubishi Motors Corp. (MMC) and bigger rival Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. are in talks to form a joint venture in the minivehicle business, media reports said on Thursday. MMC already builds the Clipper, a 660cc commercial van, for Nissan on an original equipment manufacturing (OEM) basis, while Suzuki Motor Corp. builds the Moco minicar for Nissan in the passenger car segment. A ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Nissan, MMC in minicar tie-up talks-reports" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642