* Leaf about $10,800 cheaper than Mitsubishi Motors i-MiEV * Subsidies seen reducing consumer cost to near $32,320 * Consumer says would prefer hybrid in view of price * U.S. pricing to be announced later on Tuesday (Adds consumer and analyst comments and share price) By Nobuhiro Kubo YOKOHAMA, Japan, March 30 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co priced its battery-powered Leaf hatchback at more than twice the cost of a similarly sized gasoline car, counting on government subsidies to drive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Nissan prices electric Leaf at premium to Prius" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642