(Updates throughout, adds SGF comment, analysts' comment) By Lesley Wroughton TORONTO, Jan 28 (Reuters) - Noranda Inc. said on Tuesday it will close its Magnola magnesium plant in Quebec until prices improve and take a C$630 million ($410 million) fourth-quarter charge, a move that analysts called a "black eye" for the company. Over the past year Noranda, one of the world's largest producers of zinc and nickel, has slashed production and closed low return operations as it strives to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Noranda closes magnesium plant, takes writedown" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.