(Adds CEO quote from conference call; updates stock) NEW YORK, April 24 (Reuters) - Nucor Corp. , the largest U.S. steel producer, said on Thursday first-quarter earnings fell slightly because of a weak economy and higher costs for raw materials and energy. Nucor, which raised its dividend 5 percent, also said second-quarter earnings would be well below analyst expectations. Chief Executive Dan DiMicco said in a conference call that softer flat-rolled steel prices will be one of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Nucor earnings fall, sees Q2 below expectations" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642