(Updates with company comment on inventory.) CHICAGO, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Automotive parts maker Hayes Lemmerz International Inc. said on Thursday it has temporarily closed its plant in Huntington, Indiana after an explosion there late Wednesday killed one and injured six. The company, which makes wheels, brakes, powertrains and suspension components, said in a news release that the cause of the accident is being investigated. The explosion occurred at about 8:26 p.m. CST Wednesday ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-One dead, six injured in Hayes Lemmerz explosion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.