(Adds London closing prices para 3, New York futures para 4) By Clare Black LONDON, Jan 23 (Reuters) - Spot platinum scaled fresh 17-year peaks above $650 an ounce in Europe on Thursday, boosted by a surging gold price amid fears of war in Iraq and by the possibility of output cuts in major producing nations. Platinum, used mainly in pollution control systems for cars and in jewellery, earlier firmed in Tokyo trading although profit-taking shaved gains before the white metal found a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Platinum sticks close to 17-year highs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.