(Rewrites with CEO quotes, details from AGM) By Nick Tattersall STUTTGART, Germany, Jan 24 (Reuters) - Porsche AG, the world's most profitable carmaker, showed on Friday worries about the economy hadn't yet stopped people buying fast cars and said new models would boost its profit again this fiscal year. Porsche defied the weak economic conditions hitting rivals in the first half of its business year, with pre-tax profit rising 18 percent to 185.1 million euros ($199 million) and sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Porsche defies gloom with roaring sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.